Section of Biostatistics > Statistical Advisory S...
Statistical Advisory Service
The Section offers advice on statistical issues to faculty, Ph.D. students, and students at the Faculty of Health Sciences. The advisory service includes an over-the-phone consulting service (Mondays and Fridays between 13.00 and 15.00), you may also book a 20 minute meeting with a consultant (Tuesdays and Thursdays between 13.00 and 14.20) or you can visit the statistical cafe (Wednesdays between 2.00 and 3.00). For more information follow the links below.
- Telephone consulting service.
- Book a 20 minute meeting
- Statistical cafe (available from 1/11 2016)
- For potentially larger projects, please contact the Head of Section.
Before the consultancy
We recommend that Master and Ph.D. students prepare the statistical
question(s) together with their main supervisor(s).
Who is eligible for statistical consulting at the Section of Biostatistics?
- Ph.D.-students at the Faculty of Health Sciences, incl. clinical departments
- Full professors, Associate professors, Assistant professors, research assistants and clinical assistants at the Faculty of Health Sciences
- Students at the Faculty of Health Sciences
- If time allows, other employees at hospitals associated with the Faculty of Health Sciences.
Which types of consulting services are offered?
- Telephone consulting concerning small and very specific statistical issues
- Assessment of whether planned research is reasonable and practicable from a statistical point of view. Discussions of future needs for statistical analysis of specific projects
- Instruction allowing the client to carry out simple analyses, the results of which are then interpreted in collaboration with the statistician
- Statistical analysis for the client can only very rarely be performed. Such analysis, carried out at the Department, may be relevant in cases where the extent of the analysis is small or in cases where the nature of the research falls within the scientific interests of the Department. The Department's involvement in specific projects is decided on a case by case basis
- Interpretation of referee reports and assessment of the need for further statistical analysis. In cases where the clients themselves are referees for a journal, the Department may be able to assist with statistical guidance.
- Clients are given consulting service in the same order as the requests are made which means that some waiting time may be anticipated.